ATN X-Sight 5-18 Smart Riflescope Review
Ever hear of night vision optics. As a child growing up, this was one gadget that was so cool, but very expensive, if you did happen to find a decent one. However, today you can find a pair of digital scopes made for day and night use and I present you with ATN X-Sight 5-18 Smart Riflescope Review.
The optics packed with loads of the latest technology at an affordable price. However, is it worth buying let us look?
What You Receive
In your box, you will receive the ATN X-Sight 5-18 optics and these specific models available in two different model types the 5-18x and 3-12x; however, this one is all about the 5-18X. You receive a carry case, an objective lens cap, a sun shade, an IR Illuminator model ATN IR850, a spanner wrench, an Allen wrench, and 2 by batteries for the illuminator (CR123A).
You receive printed items to help you set up the optics and includes the:
- The X-Sight HD Battery Lifetime Information,
- The card for the firmware update,
- The HD Series Quick Reference Guide,
- A Notice Care card that is important,
- The registration card for the warranty,
- The ATN Hat Card, and
- A lens cloth
The case may be more suitable to store your items when not used, but as you need the optics; you will have it on your weapon all the time once sighted in and leave it there.
What Stands Out on the ATN X-Sight 5-18X?
Firstly the ATN X-Sight 5-18 Smart Riflescope has w/1080p Video, Wi-Fi, GPS, Night Mode, Image Stabilization, and Android and IOS apps. The only difference between the X-Sight 5-18X and the 3-12X is the objective lens. With the eyecup installed on the X-Sight 5-18X, it measures twelve inches in length. At the bottom of the optics, you have a Picatinny or Weaver Rail clamp mount with a single recoil lug.
The piece weighs 2 pounds with a hefty feel to it when held in your hand. When you look at the video camera, it has an incorporated mounting structure with a reticle system. This includes the cameras body with a screen. While the structure of the Riflescope has a black finish, except for the marking. The battery and memory card compartment you find situated on the right side.
You find a short rail for the IR illuminator on the left side of the unit. The eyecups made from latex rubber and for those who have allergic reactions to latex best to make sure that you bypass this scope. The ATN X-Sight 5-18X objective lens has a focus ring with direction arrows you rotate to focus into infinity.
While on top of the scope, you find a 5-button control panel with the GPS antenna and Wi-Fi. The sight is not waterproof each cover on the scope has an O-ring. Although they do say that, it is weather resistant. You can use a 4 – 32 gigabyte micro SD card in the unit. You have a micro USB and micro HDMI port. And you can power up the unit with your computer via the USB charging port.
The eyepiece has a removable eyecup that is great for those who are able to sight in without their eyeglasses. However, with the eyepiece, if you are wearing glasses it might become problematic and you will need to remove the eyecup.
It gives you an eye relief of 2.64-inches and you look at a small video screen through the eyepiece. The illuminator has an all black color, IR intensity buttons and arrow indications to adjust the direction of the beam.
Specifications and Features of the ATN X-Sight 5-18 Smart Riflescope
- The ATN X-Sight 5-18 Smart Riflescope has Wi-Fi for using it with your IOS and Android apps. You can use it with your computer, phone, tablet to update the software or share your recordings,
- It captures HD video and photographs,
- Has GPS for the altimeter, Geo tagging, speedometer to tag videos and photos,
- Has an image stabilizer, e-compass, and e-zoom,
- The night vision is in black-and-white or you can choose green with 9 reticle options,
- Designed with one shot zero,
- Has a Micro SD card, USB and HDMI slot,
- You receive included the IR illuminator with an adjustable focus,
- Has an HD1080p ATN L130 Sensor with 5-18X magnification,
- The F.O.V @ 1000 yards is 250 ft, the objective lens is 80 mm with a microdisplay of 800 x 600,
- Gives you an eye relief of 65mm and is weather resistant,
- Designed with a Picatinny mount included and the battery life is 8 – 12-hours,
- Uses four by AA batteries,
- It weighs 2.85 lbs and has a dimension of 15 x 3.79 x 3.34-inches, and
- You receive a two-year warranty
Customer ATN X-Sight Reviews
When it comes to customer ATN X-Sight reviews, they are quite pleased with the product. Many of them say that they own the night when using this Riflescope, is a bit on the heavy side, and requires you to update the firmware. More than 200 customers have bought this unit directly from Amazon.
Pros and Cons Related to the ATN X-Sight 5-18 Smart Riflescope
- The Riflescope has a superb night vision once you have sighted it in,
- The available technology from the Wi-Fi to all the Micro ports are great,
- Charging it through your computer is great and the battery has a fairly long use, however, when using all the features may only last up to 2 hours,
- Packed with the latest technology oh yes mentioned that, but is still superb with the GPS, zooming, stabilizer, and more,
- Zeroing in the Riflescope is fairly simple
- Some scaling issues with the firmware,
- A three shot group works better than the one shot zero when sighting in the scope,
- For some people, it will be a bit on the expensive side
Unmatched Experience, If you enjoy playing around with the latest technology and need a night vision optic that gives you more than just bringing your target closer – you will enjoy using the ATN X-Sight 5-18 Smart Riflescope. For the price, it is packed with some great features, making your hunting experience more than just shooting. You can record your shots and take still images of the area you hunted in to share online with your friends.