Burris 300234 Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount 3 MOA Sight Review
Welcome to the group of avid gun fanatics take a breather and relax. The other day I had a conversation with a friend of mine regarding what gun sight is the best to use while firing. We both love the sport of shooting and I am the owner of a Ruger Pistol. However, would like to be able to gun down targets better without the waste of ammo as you all know this is an expensive hobby.
We both started telling one another of the great gun sights we have and thought why not let others know it. I own the Burris 300234 Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount 3 MOA Sight and below am some of my opinions regarding this gadget.
My initial first impressions wow, it is small
My first impression on receiving the Burris Fastfire III when opening the box I thought “wow” this gun sight is small. I also noticed that the sights built well and while holding found that, the mechanism is firm.
Owning different optics the Fastfire III is the smallest one in my collection. I placed it on top of the dovetail of the 22/45 as this is where it eventually will be staying and it did not throw the balance of the firearm and love the design.
With the FFIII, it does not use a physical toggle to turn the unit on or off, however, uses a switch with a series of settings. At first, I doubted this function until I got the hang of it.
When thinking about it, I would have preferred a physical on/off button for the reason that when you push the button, it takes quite a few seconds for the auto clarity to start with and bring the dot into view. This is a small problem and sure that I will get used to it. Although I am glad, they brought in user-adjustable brightness.
Built with quality
The Burris Fastfire 3 built excellent and when used it does not rattle or creek, and nothing is out of place with this weapon sight. It is secure and compact, although many when reading reviews complained that they had problems with the battery compartment. I found using a flat head screwdriver made it easier for me to get it in and out.
As I have made a couple of trips to the gunfire range, I found firing with the fiber optic front sight very well without any double vision problems. Even while being seated, with elbows placed on the table at the range with two-hand grip I was able to shoot the targets about 25 yards while the gun was in an un-rested position. The sight kept a constant zero while used in auto brightness setting.
Features of the Burris 300234 Fastfire III
- The Burris sight is smaller and lighter in weight and more compact than most other red dot sights available
- The frame is strong and durable, made of bronze, aluminum, and stainless steel
- It is versatile and fits on almost any firearm, including slide and semi-automatic pistol
- The Fast Fire can be used on different weapons
- With the low magnification, it provides you with a large field of view
- The unit has multi-coating among the glass lenses to protect it from abrasion and scratches with bright clear sight picture
- Has a light-emitting diode
- Comes with tool-less wind age and altitude modifications
- Has top sight access to the battery
- A convenient power button that works with three stages of intensity and auto-brightness setting
- The unit warns if the battery is low
- Receive added accessories consisting of different tools Torx wrench, screwdriver, adjusting disc, protecting cap, battery, and warranty
Pros and Cons of Burris 300234 Fastfire III
Here I have compiled the pros and cons below to sum up my thoughts regarding the Burris Fastfire III:
- The unit is small and light weight
- It is durable to last
- Comes with simple interface
- Has quality optics and components
- It is versatile to use as it fits most weapons
- The unit is easy to use and first-class value for money
- The shade is oversized
- The power switch cycle is something to get use to
On average the Burris Fastfire III review is greater on Amazon with more than 121 reviews customers have rated it 4.2 out of 5 stars shows that they are satisfied with the product.
Numerous customers are pleased with the easy adjustments of the unit and for the smallness and lightweight, it holds. Others are delighted with the placing of the unit on their weapons, however, not that pleased that you have to turn it on and switch if off manually.
This is what another said about the unit, “They are pleased that they had bought this firearm sight as it can be placed on an XDM 40 and 9mm, and easy on the old eyes.”
While using the Burris 300234 Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount 3 MOA Sight I am pleased to say that this unit has impressed me in many ways when it comes to functionality, durability, and versatility of use with different weapons. The fiber optic front sight is great for aiming at the target intended and I would recommend this to any sportsman in shooting or who just enjoys it as a hobby.