Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod Review
For many people out in the field when hunting there is a need of having special gear to provide one with stability in the field. This special gear is the Caldwell Dead Shot Field Pod that provides one with a solid rest and will make one walk and stalk more out in the field.
This tripod is awesome and provides you not only stability for your weapon, but provides you with taking portrait photos as well.
What is The Caldwell Dead Shot Field Pod
The Caldwell Field Pod is a tripod device type of platform to hold your rifle of choice in place from a short to long enough type of rifle. One portion of the tripod rotates 360° and can tilt up and down and when placing one’s rifle on it the Deadshot Fieldpod becomes more stable.
The dead shot provides even enough stability to fit an AR with a standard magazine on it and great for varmint hunters providing them to load enough lead without the need of reloading.
Superb Design Benefitting You
Another nifty feature of the Caldwell Deadshot is that it is compact enough when folded and great for traveling and comes with an included strap that clips easily onto the top mounting point. Setting up the tripod only takes a few minutes as one only need to un-clamp, unscrew, lengthen, re-clamp and tighten up and you are set to go.
Designed with aluminum and only weighs five pounds, it is lightweight with its innovative design and solid keeping your crossbow or gun securely in place. Set the tripod up, do ones stalking, and once ready collapse the device and get into position as it provides superb stability.
There is no need of concern when leaving your gun cradles on the tripod as it will not crash down even with the wind blowing at 30 miles per hour, but may make your gun turn into a weather vane. The Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod is great for beginners when still learning how to shoot and makes a great companion when out in the field.
Easy to Adjust
Whether you are sitting on a chair or flat on the ground, this device has easy adjustments ranging from 20-inches to 42-inches. It will help you with minimizing movement and speed up target acquisition while providing you with a superb shooting experience. While the cast aluminum hub of the tripod presents one with an adjustable tension rotation and tilting for stable and fast acquisition.
Specifications of the Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod
- Provides quick transportation with a collapsible design
- Only weighs 5 pounds and made from aluminum
- Works with most guns and crossbows
- Adjustable from 20-inches to 40-inches
- Has a pivot and rotation design
- Provides stability with the cast aluminum hub
- Great for beginners as it supports the weight of a gun to take long shots
- Works well with AR rifles with detachable magazines as it has a dual frame tube
- Great to use with ground blinds, turkey hunting, predator calling and long range shooting
When one reads the available Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod review, available from Amazon the overall feeling is mutual with clients who have bought the device. They have rated it as an excellent gadget to use while hunting. The choice of choosing either Camo or Brown is great and most find it lightweight, compact, customizable, and ultra stable.
Pros & Cons While Using the Deadshot Fieldpod
- The device is robust while the locking pieces do its job adequately
- It handles up to 15-pound rifles
- Makes balancing of rifles superb
- Very compact and easy to carry around with you
- Comes at an affordable price
- The gadget is compact, but some people found it frustrating to carry around with them and when used with a ground blind one has time to set it up and wait.
F.A.Q Related to the Deadshot Fieldpod
- Does this model allow one to pivot up and down without re-adjustments – Yes, it does and useful when one wants to clean the weapon
- Does this device have an included single rest or just a double rest – It has both front and rear rests.
- Can one have the product shipped abroad or to a military APO addresses – Yes, but it takes longer and the shipping fees are based on where the product will be sent.
No hunter can go without the Caldwell Dead Shot Field Pod; it will provide you with stability in keeping your rifle or crossbow steady and compact enough to carry around with you. Not only is it durable, it provides one with a lightweight construction that is adjustable to suit your height when sitting on a camping chair or flat on the ground. This tripod will become your trusted friend when out in the field waiting for the right target to come along.