EoTech G33 STS 3X Tactical Magnifier Review
Today we are going to look at tactical magnifiers. What is all you are thinking – what is that? If you are new to firearms, you have heard from many other shooters that they use sights for clear advantages in shooting long distance. However, what if you are out in the field and want to shoot longer distances with a more accurate shot. With your normal sight, this is not capable and the best is to add an Eotech G33 STS to your weapon.
With our EoTech G33 STS 3 X Tactical Magnifier Review, we are going to show you what this baby can do!
Why the Eotech Magnifier ?
Good question to ask! You can use the Eotech magnifier on all models with the Holographic Weapon Sight. It helps you to improve target recognition while increasing deadly shots at medium to long-range distances. Another great thing is that this model is an improved model to previous magnifiers with some nice features made up in this small package.
It does exactly what it is supposed to do it magnifies. Combined with your scope it gives you a magnified view of your target on the move at three hundred yards away.
When you buy the G33, it comes in a standard box that is both shock and waterproof with custom foam for it to fit in perfectly. You receive the magnifier, spacer, mount, the owner’s manual, and an optic cloth. The great thing is that it is a fast disengage model. It flips the magnifier out of your way when you do not need it.
This is an STS (Switch to Side) mount and great when you are in a CQB (Close Quarters Battle) situation. So yes people it is great for use with both hands. On the rear of the Eotech G33M, you also have an adjustable diopter to customize the focus of vision if needed.
Easy to Install and Use
As previously mentioned the G33 magnifiers used in combination with your optic and once you install it you need to re-zero your optic or at least confirm a zero. Once your optics zeroed in you only need to adjust the magnifier. It has both vertical and horizontal adjustments and does not affect zero, but does allow you to adjust the reticle back to center. With the available fast release lever it makes the magnifier easier to install.
The Eotech 3X magnifiers designed for you who have Picatinny rails on your weapon. It does fit most battle rifles even if they have limited space. It has a length of 3.9-inches and only weighs 11.9-oz. For eye relief, it has an optimal 2.2-inches and three times magnification. It is both water and Fogproof up to 10 meters.
Switching sides with the magnifiers easy as it has a release button that you press unlatching the one side. In addition, with one turn it moves in the direction you want to use it. It does not have a reticle and is simply there for magnification and that is why you use it in combination with a sight.
What it does is magnify your sight reticle with the holographic projection system. Another great thing is that it comes with two different height settings on the rail and user configurable.
Specifications and Features
- It has 3X Magnifier,
- Has fixed magnification 3X,
- Eye Relief is 2.2-inches,
- Offers you a field of view at 7.3°,
- Length 3.9-inches and weighs 6.1 oz,
- It is both fog and water-resistant up to a depth of 10 meters,
- It has a non-reflective rubber coating,
- Designed with an optical axis adjustment that is internal,
- Fits to all HWS models that have a 7mm riser,
- Designed, with switch to side capability and great for both left and right-handed use,
- Comes with a quick detach mount and user configurable,
- Has an adjustable diopter, and
- Receive a two-year limited warranty.
When it comes to EoTech G33 reviews consumers are very pleased with this product. It has received an exceptional rating of 4.9 stars on Amazon. They love the fact that it is easy to install and use while the magnification is superb. There are not many negative reviews available and many of the reviews are to a point and best to look at other available reviews on the internet as well if you are a bit skeptical.
Pros and Cons
- The Eotech 3X magnifier glass is crystal clear when you look through it,
- It is easy to set up and use,
- Changing it from one position to another with the quick release base is great, and
- Has a solid construction and well built,
- Great for target shooting, tactical training, and hunting
- Adding it to your rifle with the sight does give it more weight, and
- Some said it is a bit pricey, but with all the features what can you expect and great value for money spent.
We hope that you have found our EoTech G33 STS 3X Tactical Magnifier Review helpful. What is there not to like about Eotech – not much? It works great and with the quick detaches system in place just awesome. There are not many complaints from consumers and works well with the Eotech sights when used together.