Laserlyte Laser Trainer Cartridge Review
As a firearm owner, we are not all experts at using our handgun and need some training as in my case. I have looked for a way that I can be more consistent with holding my handgun and my trigger actuation.
Furthermore, the need of adjusting the sight on the pistol and came across a small gadget the Laserlyte laser trainer cartridge with some great reviews and bought myself one – and honestly, I have never looked back for a good reason.
What is The Laserlyte Trainer and Why You need It
Many of you may know what a Laserlyte trainer is while others do not (like me at first.) With the laser trainer cartridge, you can train almost anywhere and the Laserlyte is one of the popular lines found offering you practice tap, bang, rack, or malfunction drills.
The trainers designed to match some of the popular calibers in the 9mm range and fits inside your pistols chamber with the firing-pin activated switch. This helps to show bullet impact shown with a bright red laser dot. The great thing about this laser trainer is that you can enjoy free training at a place that works best for you for a lifetime.
The first time I used it I found that the instructions were a bit confusing and another important thing about the laser trainer is that you cannot use it in brightly lit locations (you learn the hard way) as it seems dim.
How it works
Using the Laserlyte laser trainer is easy as it installs into the firing chamber of your pistol in seconds. It still works regardless of the barrels length and in my case did not stick out of the barrel. Each time the firing pin strikes the cartridge it activates for 100 milliseconds. It is borderless and does not push out during a dry fire that works great with training drills.
For protection, it has a rubber plunger that acts as a snap cap protecting the firing pin while the two rubber rings on the laser make sure for a proper fit to replicate bullet impact – offering you accurate training. It works with 3 by 377 batteries and should be good enough for 3,000 shots (but has not shot so many yet so cannot say that it is true.)
When you shoot with it and in my case without the magazine in the gun, you notice after a couple of shots a firing pin impression on it. After my first few shots, I know that I am bad at shooting as I observed this on the target. You will also notice a “Z” on the wall as this is where I tested mine and with a little practice, it goes away.
Features, Specifications, And Benefits
- You receive the Laserlyte trainer included with batteries in it with 3 spares,
- You can use it in most 9mm handguns such as a Glock 19, Beretta PX4 Storm, striker-fired Ruger SR9 and more,
- You load it manually into the barrel,
- There is no need of removing the batteries (3 x 377 batteries included with spare) and you can keep them in at all times,
- It works with a firing-pin activated switch that indicates bullet impact with a red laser dot,
- Fits snug into the chamber for safer training,
- Designed with an integrated snap cap protecting the firing pin when you are training,
- Weight: 0.375 Oz,
- Diameter and length depend on the caliber you using, and
- It has a 1-year limited warranty.
As mentioned before I bought the product I read the available Laserlyte trainer reviews available at Amazon (as this is where I bought my one.) There have been some biased remarks from different gun owners who have bought the product. Many of the reviews are positive and clients are pleased with the product in helping them with their training to shoot accurately. There are a few customers complaining about the laser light and the poor documentation offered with the product.
Pros & Cons while using the Laserlyte
- Works well up to 50 feet when training with it,
- The laser dot is clear and visible against any target (used the wall at home in a dark lit room),
- Affordable if you think how much you spend on ammo,
- A great training device has helped improve my shooting without making a noise, and
- It fits into the most 9mm handguns.
I have not had any complaints while using the Laserlyte laser trainer and this is what others had to say:
- Documentation is poor – agree here and Laserlyte needs to wake up and start using more syllables,
- The laser stays on long or does not work – this could be the batteries as it is shipped with it and can be old,
- Batteries do not last long – easy pop out the first battery to save battery life,
If you need a great training device, the Laserlyte laser trainer cartridge is the right gadget to get yourself. Training with it is easy and gets you to improve and notice your aiming when pulling the trigger. You can see the evidence of mistakes you make and improve it by practicing. Get yourself one and see the difference it makes. I hope this Laserlyte Laser Trainer Cartridge review helps you to choose the right product for your needs.