LUCID HD7 Review
With our hard economic worries, everyone is looking to save a buck or two. When it comes to weapon accessories, especially optics they are the priciest of all. They will normally make your bank account shrink quickly. Buying expensive ones such as ACOG is out of reach, however, with the LUCID HD7 you can at least start thinking of buying again.
No, it may not be an ACOG, but many people have shown that this optic can stand proudly next to them out in the field.
Enter the world of the Lucid Red Dot
The LUCID Red Dot boasts everything you can find on the most high-end optic at an affordable price. It’s built with rubberized exterior and solid when holding in your hand and impressed all consumers who have bought this unit. The battery compartment radiates durability while the cap comes with a leash attached.
The HD7 uses one triple a battery and safely housed in the waterproof compartment found at the front of the sight. According to the manufacturer, the battery has an operating lifespan of 1,000 hours. It has automated shut-off features after two hours and the controls found on the left side.
It also includes an on/off switch and each one has an arrow indicator. While the automatic sensors found on the top of the optic to adjust the brightness of the reticle. Where the colors concerned, you can choose either the normal matte black or a TAN finish. Improvements have been made to this Generation III unit and include capped turrets, a newly styled reticle set, and the buttons went through an upgrade as well.
Choose your reticle
The Lucid HD7 optic offers you four selections of reticles. On the left upper side, you can find a thumb wheel to turn cycling through the red reticles. You can choose from a small 2 MOA, a dot found inside that looks like a donut, a T one with a steady line for distance estimation, and lastly an inverted V one.
You have seven brightness levels to offer you a fully customizable experience when shooting. When the reticle on, it stays bright no matter what lighting condition you find yourself in.
It mounts easily to any Picatinny rail with the built-in mount. It is shockproof, Fogproof and waterproof. Moreover, to top it all you get a lifetime warranty on this unit.
Features and Specifications:
- The LUCID Red Dot has a cast aluminum frame making it very durable,
- Designed with a chemical rubber armor,
- It has a lower ⅓ Co-Witness,
- It has reversible mounting pins with four different reticles with a 2MOA dot,
- It weighs 13 oz,
- It is Fogproof, waterproof, and shockproof,
- Designed with auto brightness sensor with 7 brightness level settings,
- It shuts off after 2-hours with the auto shut off,
- Operates with one AAA battery that is not included,
- Designed with a leashed battery cap,
- It has capped ½ MOA adjustments,
- The Objective lens is 34mm, Ocular Lens is 20mm, and Parallax free,
- Field of View: 35ft @ 100 yards,
- Designed with Picatinny built-in rail mount,
- 1x Unlimited Eye Relief,
- Designed with 2X Magnifier, QD mounting kit, kill flash filter, and
- Receive a lifetime warranty
Customer Lucid Red Dot Review
Overall customers have provided some positive Lucid Red Dot Reviews available for you to view at Amazon. They are pleased with the price, operation, brightness, clear glass, and accuracy when used. However, as with any product, you do have a minute amount of customers complaining, but most of them only offer you a line or two to read and do not elaborate more with facts to state their problems with related to guarantee concerns and a canted reticle.
Pros and Cons related to the Lucid HD7
- The ability to choose from four different reticles is great,
- The two modes of brightness and 2MOA aiming point superb,
- The lifetime warranty is superb,
- The auto brightness setting is great for all types of outdoor and indoor lighting, and
- The optic is quick to get on target.
- The mounting ring included is a bit loose but not a major concern.
Overall, the LUCID Red Dot has an exceptional value and worth every cent spent on the great features offered. It mounts to most Picatinny type rails from an AR 15 to a Smith M&P15 patrol rifle. Most of the features of this unit automatic, and does the works for you all you need to do is zero it in and shoot!