Nikon P-308 4-12×40 Matte BDC800 Review
Are you getting ready for hunting season – you are then you need a top Riflescope to help you out in the field. You can look at different optics available, but Nikon has proven if you own a .308 or larger caliber it does not have to be expensive. In addition, this we prove in our Nikon P-309 4-12×40 Matte BDC800 Review.
They have released a superb optic with a dedicated BDC-reticle and 4-12x zoom with a 40mm objective lens.
The Nikon P-308 Made for the .308 Win
The Nikon P-308 is specifically set-up for the .308 WIN 168-grain HBT Match bullets at 2,680 fps with the BDC-800 reticle. It also features an uncovered, “Zero-Reset” spring loaded turret. With the turret, you can set it easily back to zero and it is shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof, although there is no mention of it being nitrogen-purged.
The lens is fully multicoated for a clear view and as mentioned features the famous BDC800 reticle. The Zero-Reset turret has an easy-grip course knurling that helps with infield adjustments. So setting it back to zero is quick after you have sighted it in.
They have optimized it so you can use it with the Spot On™ Ballistic Match Technology and helps with exact aiming points on the BDC reticle. This is a free online app available at NikonSportsOptics. Moreover, as with many of their other products, it’s backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Now you can focus on your game before taking the shot as the Nikon P-308 BDC800 reticle offers you an open circle, hash marks, and dots to aim from 100 out to 800 yards. The quick-focus eyepiece gives you fast and simple adjustments to narrow in on your game. In addition, it has a 100-yard parallax setting.
- It is a fully multicoated optic,
- Designed with caliber-specific technology,
- Designed with a trajectory-compensating reticle,
- Gives you a constant and generous eye relief,
- Has interchangeable turret technology,
- Is waterproof, fog proof and shockproof,
- Has a 100-yard parallax setting,
- Gives you a 3.7-inch eye relief with an exit pupil diameter of 3.3mm @ 12x,
- Weighs 17.5 oz,
- Has a windage and elevation adjustment of 60 MOA,
- Designed with a quick focus eyepiece for fast and ease of focusing,
- Compatible with the spot on custom turrets,
- Has a BDC800 reticle that gives you dots, circles, and hash marks to aim from 100 – 800 yards,
- Designed for the .308 Winchester NATO 168-grain HPBT Match Bullet,
- Has a matte finish,
- The tube diameter is 1-inch, adjustment click value ¼ -inch with click adjustment,
- The turrets are exposed with a finger adjustment,
- The turrets reset easily to zero and has a medium turret height,
- In addition, you receive a limited lifetime warranty.
Customer Nikon P-308 reviews
There are many customer Nikon P-308 reviews available online. This optic received tremendous feedback from different clients as being a Riflescope with the finest glass clarity and brightness when used out in the field. It tracks well, lightweight, and the BDC reticles thinner. In addition, the optic you can buy at a fantastic price.
Pros and Cons Related to the Nikon P-308
- Has a great limited lifetime warranty,
- Has Power Variability,
- The Spot On App is superb,
- The BDC800 crosshair works perfectly,
- Affordable to buy
- Does not include the rings, sunshade or a lens cover,
- The reticles not illuminated,
- And has no parallax adjustment
Will it work with a 3006?
Yes, it will but you will need to play around with the velocity if you do your own reloading and the Riflescopes adjustable.
What size, scope ring do you need?
A 1-inch one and the Nikon brand is the best choice you can buy.
What do you receive in the box?
You only receive the Nikon P-309 4-12×40 Matte BDC800 scopes in the box.
Does the reticle move?
When adjusting for windage and elevation the reticle does move and is a fixed model.
If you are in need of Riflescope to fit, your .308 our Nikon P-309 4-12×40 Matte BDC800 review gives you enough information to make an informative decision. With this Riflescope fixed to your rifle out in the field, you are able to scope in with ease on your target and bring home a big trophy to show off among your friends. Enjoy the hunting season and always practice safety when at home and lock away your firearms in a secure gun safe feel free to browse through some of our gun safe reviews.