Sightmark 7x Tactical Reflex/Holographic Slide to Side Magnifier Review
If you are looking for a cheap, durable magnifier then you have come to the right place, as I own the Sightmark 7 x Tactical Reflex /Holographic Slide to Side Magnifier and have had mine for more than a year before writing this review to make sure that it has held up to my requirements.
I must also mention that I bought this magnifier because I needed a 7X magnification and wanted something stronger that the usual 3X ones I use.
As mentioned earlier, I bought this product for its magnification and have used it for more than a year now without any defects in it. When I received it a year ago, it came packaged with the Sightmark Tactical Magnifier and slide-to-side mount. The weapon sight itself is made of quality material and not a tank as it looks like and provides you with adequate optical use.
The magnifiers clear and sharp enough when I am shooting and, only use the red dot Sightmark and works great for me. I must mention that if you want to add other accessories, as it is a slide-to-side mount it does not allow you the capability of using it with different brands of accessories. I sometimes use backup irons but not all the time and works great fine.
It is easy to mount, built well, and once placed on the weapon; it provides you with the longest range, allowing you to convert the red dot sight whether holographic or reflex, into a long-range reticle. When holding in your hands you feel that it is lightweight and adds no extra weight to the weapon used and has provided me with quick target acquisition up to 350 yards with accurate target shooting up to 200 yards.
It also has coated optics that provide clarity and great eye relief while using and has provided no strain in my eyes and have used it while marathon shooting. The housing of the magnifier is durable and you can use it in conjunction with collimated reflux, Holographic, and compatible weapon sights.
The Sightmark 7 x Tactical Magnifier main Features
- The Sightmark 7 x Tactical Magnifier increases magnification by seven-times and is great to use with a red dot sight and provides greater sighting range
- It comes with improved target acquisition, especially at medium range distances
- It is compatible with EOTech and Aimpoint
- It provides you with a Wide field of view (5°)
- It is a Multi-coated optic
- The magnifier is shockproof, fog proof, and waterproof
- It is Lightweight and made of durable material
- The slide-to-side mount provides rapid transition between weapons and easily to detach
- It comes with internal windage/elevation adjustments for reticle alignment
- It provides precision accuracy and quick target acquisition
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
Sightmark 7X Tactical Magnifier Review
If you are looking for a Sightmark 7 X Tactical Magnifier Review, you can find many customer feedbacks available on Amazon. Although, most of the customers are pleased with the magnifier some are not that pleased.
Most customers have a mixed feeling when using the magnifier and love the durability, ease of use, and eye relief it provides. Where other customers advise that, the product is not bad and affordable.
One customer has the magnifier mounted to a PSA AR-15 upper and lower and uses it combined with a red dot Sightmark and according to him has held up well. It provides a clean view and the flip to side is great. He only mentioned that you need to oil the slider often and would buy the magnifier again and may not be as high-tech as an ACOG or EOTECH but is not planning to be dropped into a war zone quite soon.
Pros and Cons Sightmark 7x Tactical Reflex/Holographic Slide to Side Magnifier
- The Sightmark Tactical Magnifier is lightweight adding no extra weight to weapons used
- The magnifier has a clear glass providing you with great magnification for long and close range shooting
- It is affordable and durable to last long
- It comes with a waterproof rating of IPX6 and built for the harshest environment
The only problem that users will find is the use of different accessories with it as it is a slide-to-side mount.
Customers have used the magnifier on different weapons that range from weaver to Picatinny rails found in AR-15 and more.
I have owned my Sightmark 7 x Tactical Reflex /Holographic Slide to Side Magnifier for a long time and is still working great without any hiccups when it comes to being durable, easy to use, great eye relief, and the availability of shooting at short and long ranges. If you are looking for an affordable magnifier, I recommend you buy yourself one of these and not disappointed.