Vortex Diamondback 4-12×40 Riflescope Review
Are you enthusiastic about guns? Then you know that the best way to make sure you are accurate when out target practicing and hunting is with a Riflescope. A good Riflescope offers you an excellent view of your aim. You may find that some optics offer you a longer range of view than others do and better clarity. Today, we are going to help you find one of the best optics, with our Vortex Diamondback 4-12 x 40 Riflescope Review.
This is a solid single-piece made from alloy aircraft-grade aluminum for resistance and strength. For crystal, clear images it has a multi-coated optics and both fog and waterproof. This optic is great for outdoor hunting with the low-light ability and practical design it is a superb buy.
Why you need the Vortex Diamondback
The Vortex Diamondback has some standout features that you will need when out hunting. The focal plane reticle does not affect the appearance of this optics. It has superb sub tension when shooting long distances, with correction of holdover and wind drift. When using the highest magnification, these sub tensions are at their best.
For improving shooting accuracy, the items aligned at a maximum point while the tubes perfect for visibility. This is most important when shooting at targets. Additionally, the tube adds extra protection of the optic caused by the weather.
It has a precision glide erector system
In conjunction with the zoom lens, you have an erector system to make sure you can control magnification levels. This offers you the best visibility when shooting under extreme weather conditions such as fog, mist, or rain. Choose your magnification adjustment for the best view.
Has a low glare and long lasting finish
The Vortex 4-12×40 is great when stalking your target. It has a matte finish with a low glare, keeping you well hidden, and long lasting when exposed to harsh weather conditions. As moisture and dust, particles always seem to be a culprit when outdoors. Not with this Riflescope, it has O-ring seals protecting it against debris causing lack of view.
The optics is perfect for any varmint and predator hunting with the argon gas at its rudder. When in contact with water the argon does not react chemically. The optics is bright for any type of viewing. The focus eyepiece focuses easily while the adjustable back optics make sure for a sharper image.
Superb Features and Specifications
The Vortex Diamondback has some great technical characteristic:
- The optics are fully multi-coated to increase light transmission and includes multiple anti-reflective coatings on the air-to-glass surface,
- The reticle maintains the same ideal sized appearance with the second reticle focal plane – and great for estimating range, wind drift correction, and holdover,
- The tube size: 1-inch diameter and consists of a single-piece tube for improved accuracy,
- Made from aircraft-grade aluminum for strength,
- Designed with o-ring seals protecting it from both fog and water with included argon gas purging,
- The Riflescope has a rugged construction that is shockproof with hard anodized finish with a low-glare,
- For smooth magnification changes, it has a accurate glide system erector,
- The eyepiece is fast focus for easy reticle focusing,
- It has capped reset turrets, allowing for re-indexing of the turret after sighting it in, and
- You receive a lifetime warranty
|Objective Lens Diameter||40 mm|
|Eye Relief||3.1 inches|
|Field of View||32.4-11.3 feet/100 yards|
|Tube Size||1 inch|
|Adjustment Graduation||1/4 MOA|
|Travel per Rotation||15 MOA|
|Max Elevation Adjustment||60 MOA|
|Max Windage Adjustment||60 MOA|
|Parallax Setting||100 yards|
What customers are saying
When it comes to Vortex Diamondback Reviews, you can loads of them online. At Amazon alone, more than hundreds of clients have rated it with 4.7 stars making an excellent rating. They are pleased with it and said that it is a great affordable buy. The Riflescope offers you a bright, clear view while others even said it is better than the Leupold. Personally, there are more positive reviews than negatives, one making this an excellent buy.
Pros and Cons when using the Vortex 4-12×40
- As mentioned earlier, the focus range is great and helps to attain a precise cross-hair focus,
- You receive more value when comparing it to other optics, especially the unconditional lifetime warranty,
- It has a tough build and does not need you to baby it even in a kids hands, and
- The glass is clear and with the variable power rings it is easy to twist for both elevation and windage without using a coin,
- Some people have found some consistency issues,
- The eyepiece is not easy to work with, but not a problem and will need to get a bit closer to it,
The Vortex Diamondback 4-12 x 40 Riflescope is ideal for those who have a limited budget and great for casual hunting. When comparing the features with the overall customer experience it is one of the best buys. It may not be one of the professional riflescopes out there, as it does have some minute flaws. Nevertheless, for the value, it has some superb features that competing optics will have a hard time duplicating.