Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight with Cantilever Mount Review
With the Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight with a Cantilever Mount, you can make the exact shot for a flawless outcome. The StrikeFire 2 is super lightweight and has a multi-coated optical system that’s water-resistant and fog-proof.
Mounting the sight is easy and it gives you the choice of using either the red or green dot sight. So why would you need this optic, let us find out!
The Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 is a mid-range priced optic and does not have all the bells and whistles found in the more luxurious brands. The optic gives you precise accuracy and it’s easy to use. The sight has a red or green reticle with 1 x magnification and a 30mm objective lens. The scope has night vision available and only weighs 7.2 ounces.
The unit’s light, adds a little bit of weight to your rifle when mounted. The device total length is over 5 ½ -inches and has a nice black finish. The outer casings scratch resistant and include a Cantilever Mount. You can buy a 2-x doubler separately. Additionally, you receive two flip up lens covers, lens cloth, a torque wrench and a CR2 battery.
The optics waterproof, but do not go swimming with it as it is not submersible. The unit’s nitrogen filled to prevent it from fogging up and the outer shells shockproof.
A Closer Look at Some of the Features
The Reticle: The StrikeFire 2 has a 4 MOA dual color dot reticle that is superb for split-second target shooting. The optics dots adjustable and it has ten illuminations settings. These include the ones that are compatible with night-vision.
The Optical System: The optical system enhances the light transmission as it has anti-reflective coating on all the glass surfaces.
The Magnification: Even thought the rifle sight has a 1-x magnification you still have the 2-x magnifier that you can screw into the optic. This helps to enlarge the zoom level and increases the targeting distance.
The Eye-relief: The optic gives you an unlimited eye-relief and suitable for rapid target achievement.
The Cantilever Ring Mount: With this superb feature, you are able to place the optic bore 40mm above the base. This gives it a lower ⅓ co-witness when using iron sights on an AR-15 that has a flat top.
Some Good Reasons to Buy This Optic
- It’s an affordable buy when you look at the price as it costs you less than 180$
- The red/green dot sight is easy to use and does not have all the bells and whistles found in other brands – so no big heavy manual needed to use it
- The unit’s light in weight and you can change the dot color from red to green
- Works with a CR2 battery that gives you up to 6-hours of use
- A minimal optic that requires no parallax continuous adjustments
Features and Specifications
- The Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 has a fully multi-coated lens
- Choose between red or green dot
- Has 10 levels of brightness settings
- It has a single-piece compact and lightweight chassis that weighs 7.2-ounces
- The o-rings sealed making it waterproof but not submersible
- The units filled with nitrogen gas to make it Fogproof
- It has a durable design and the outer casings shockproof with a hard anodized low-glare matte finish
- Included it has a cantilever ring mount that works well when mounted on an AR-15
- With dot intensities adjustable as it gives you variable settings – two of the setting are designed for night-vision
- The battery life is up to 12-hours with an auto-shutdown feature with a typical battery life of 300-hours on highest brightness setting and 6,000-hours on the lowest brightness setting
- This is a 1 x 30mm optic that gives you 1-x magnification and has a 30mm objective lens
- When used the StrikeFire 2 gives you unlimited eye relief
- The graduation adjustment is ½ MOA
- The travel per rotation adjustment is 25 MOA
- The Max Elevation and the Max Windage adjustment is 100 MOA
- It has a parallax free setting and has a length of 5.6-inches and weighs 7.2 ounces
- Another standout feature is the 4 MOA red/green dot
- Has rear-facing controls for powering the device on/off
- Included with your purchase you receive extra the battery, the cantilever mount, a Torx key, and a hat
- You get a VIP unlimited lifetime warranty
When it comes to excellence and quality, you can find many pleased customers while reading the Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 reviews online. The majority of users say that the optic is easy to adjust and sight in, holds zero and all of them recommend this red/green dot sight.
Pros and Cons Related to the Vortex StrikeFire 2
- Has a compact and lightweight design that does not add extra weight to your firearm
- Comfortable to use and is easy to mount
- Water-resistant and fog proof
- Can use it in any type of environmental condition
- Has a durable construction that withstands the recoil of the AR-15
- Excellent battery life
- Holds zero
- Can choose between two reticles red or green
- Has automatic shut-down feature that saves the battery life use
- Has a sensitive power supply
- The lens covers is a bit hard to remove
The Vortex Optics StrikeFire 2 Red/Green Dot Sight with a Cantilever Mount is an exceptional carbine optic. The optic can withstand recoil even from a shotgun with a superb price. Therefore, if you are in search of a quality red/green sight you will not be displeased when buying this one. The units easy to mount, holds zero, is parallax free, and has an excellent battery – what more can one ask for. Moreover, the best of all is that you do not need to take a complete course to use to operate the device.