Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Rifle Scope (Suitable for AR-15) Review
Howdy, today I want to tell you about my new toy that I have bought the Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Rifle Scope. Close friends of mine have used the Vortex line for a while and recommended that I buy myself one as we join at the firing range to compete against each other and the conversation of this Riflescope came up.
I have received my scope and used it whilst competing with them and to my surprise with magnificent results. Here are my findings with using this Riflescope.
Great deal for the price
Receiving my Vortex StrikeFire red dot, I could not wait to put this baby to the test on my rifle. At first glance, they added some cool accessories in the box that consisted of a manual, cloth for cleaning the lens, heavy duty 30 mm ring for mounting to the rail of my rifle, wrench, and battery. With this is the two by doubler eyepiece that acts as a magnifier and clever piece of equipment.
Shooting with the scope
With the magnifier when shooting at close ranges it did not affect my ability of shooting and works great with long distance shots. The dots itself has different brightness setting and bright enough even when the sun is shining at midday and has four added buttons protected by ani rubber housing. Another great feature I had tested in the evening was the night vision it provides and works great you can see the target in a distance and with one shot you cannot miss.
The Vortex StrikeFire does not feel cheaply made and the site shut down by itself after six hours if you forget to push the off button saving your battery life. I have used the scope in wet weather and it does what it says waterproof, fog proof, shockproof. This is a solid scope with good features even the rubber flip up lens caps are great.
- The multi-coated lenses helps increase light transmission
- The tube measured at 30mm allows you to have greater elevation and wind age
- The scope is versatile to mount on most weapons
- It is waterproof, fog proof, and shock proof
- The Vortex red dot scope has a high recoil caliber rating with adjustable red dot intensity
- The unlimited eye relief provides you with maximum mounting options
- Provides you with parallax free rapid shooting while both eyes are open
- The battery lasts up to 200 hours and automatically shuts down after six hours
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
Pros and Cons
While using the Vortex StrikeFire I could not find many negative points while in use.
- Scope is easy to align and keeps zero settings, even after removing and placing back on the rifle
- Shooting with both eyes open is no problem
- Scope is easy to install and have shot 200 rounds with it
- Dots are visible even in daylight
- Once set, it is dead on center
- Scope sighting is crystal clear when you look through it
- The on/off buttons are very sensitive and easily switches on and off
Vortex StrikeFire red dot review from customers
When it comes to Vortex StrikeFire red dot review from customers on Amazon there are very few complaints regarding this scope. More than 270 customers reviewed the product, and gave it an overall rating of 4.4 stars.
Customers are pleased with the scope as most of them use different weapons with it from handguns, rifles to shotguns, and it works fine with them all. They are pleased with the easy setup of the scope, the dot is easy to acquire, and brightness adjustment is easy, and has a great lifetime warranty.
One customer had problems regarding the caps to open and close, and with one phone call, the friendly customer service of Vortex supplied new caps in two days, resulting that their service is the best when in need of information and complaints. He advised that the new ones are working just fine.
If you are looking for a good experience in scopes then the Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Rifle Scope is necessary for you, as it has been for me. It has provided me with quality in shooting from the time I had placed it on my rifle and tested it at the shooting range. This scope is the best model available on the market with many positive reviews.